Recipe of the Month from the Kitchen at Deep Lagoon Seafood
Nestled in the heart of Florida
lies a place just off the beaten path where the drinks are colder, the fish is fresher and the food is tastier. Where you can breathe easy, be casual and take in the sights and sounds of everything that is “Real Florida”. Deep Lagoon Seafood & Fish Market is located in the completely renovated former home of Randy’s Fishmarket Restaurant.
Fresh fish and seafood
brought to you by the family that brought you Pinchers restaurants. Shop their Fish Market daily from 10am – 8pm, or grab a bite to eat from their main restaurant, open every day from 11am – 10pm.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH: Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Two 8oz. Salmon filets
1.5 oz. Bourbon
2 oz. water
1 oz. brown sugar
1 tsp. half and half
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 C Bourbon
1/2 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning
Cornstarch or 1 C cold butter
• Mix together bourbon, water, brown sugar, half and half, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Marinate two 8oz. pieces of salmon for at least 2-4 hours.
• Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees.
• Pre-heat pan to high temp and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Place marinated salmon into pan and sear on one side for approx. 30-45 seconds or until just browned.
• Remove salmon, flip to opposite side, and place on a cedar plank. Then carefully place into oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
• Remove fish on cedar plank, and place on dish for serving.
• Turn your stove to low heat and start reducing your preferred bourbon with brown sugar and Montreal steak seasoning until almost halfway reduced and thickened. Be sure to keep the temperature low as to not ignite the alcohol.
• The next step can be down two ways. Option one is to add a cornstarch slurry until a smooth and velvety texture is achieved. Your second option is to emulsify cold butter.
• Serve over seared salmon alongside your favorite seasoned vegetables.